Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sweet Surprise!!

When we arrived home yesterday from VBS, we had a message on our answering machine letting us know our agency had sent us some updated information on our little Deacon. This is what we found out. He is now 23 pounds, is 2 ft 4in tall. He has 5 teeth. He can say papa and mama, loves toy cars, and playing outside with other babies. He walks by himself and is now living with a foster family. :) They say he is an outgoing baby who loves to listen to music, and watch TV.

He also had an operation on April 16, 2009 to repair his cleft lip. It looks so good, and we are so excited!! Now to just get over there and get him!

This was taken March of 09 before surgery.
This picture was taken the first of June after his surgery had been done in April. Precious!! I can't wait to get my hands on him.

11 comments:

  1. HE IS PRECIOUS AIMEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm so excited for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee, that is awesome! What a beautiful surprise! I am really happy for you all. Can't wait to meet little Deacon someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee,
    He is beautiful! I am so excited for you. I can't wait to meet him. I just want to squeeze him...He is so cute!!!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOO HOO!!! This is so exciting and he is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, Aimee! He is so precious!! I'm so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I have so many thoughts. Do you know if he is connected to a Love Without Boundaries or a Half the Sky program? The fact that he's already had his surgery and he's in foster care makes me think he's in a very, very good program. Wow! What a blessing that he's getting some great one-on-one time with his foster nanny. We are so excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how exciting! He is just so precious, makes you want to squeeze him. Can't wait for you to get your info to make the trip. What fun things are c and K saying about him??

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so exciting, Aimee! I didn't know he would have the surgery before you got him. It looks great. He is so precious! I hope to meet him someday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so awesome. I cant wait to meet him. We are so excited for you guys! His surgery was amazing. He is absolutley DARLING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the surgery looks great. What a handsome little guy. I have 3 adopted sons, one US, and two from Guatemala. I love the adoption journey even though it is very frustrating at times. Prayers for his speedy journey to his forever home.

    ReplyDelete