Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I stand corrected.....

As I was walking out the door last night I realized that I wrote Deacon's Chinese nickname wrong.It is not Ayi pronounced- I-eeee. That would be aunt in Chinese. :) It is Ah-Yu. Pronounced I-Yu. Yu is part of his Chinese name. :) I'm such a bad mother. ha ha!!
 
Becca- yes someone "found" him. He is thought to be born on December 26th. He was found on the 29th. So we are assuming he was with his birthmother a few days. We do not know if she left him out in the neighborhood or with a neighbor. Whoever found him took him to the local police station who then took him to the orphanage. The orphanage is about 30-40 minutes from his finding place. There is nothing else that we know is wrong with him besides his cleft lip and palate. He is a smart little booger. He is already signing the word "more" to us. He also knows what we are saying to him. We know some Chinese phrases and he responds.
 
The other little girl in our group was left in some bushes by a very busy market. We went to visit that place also and there were people everywhere. We have heard that when people see someone leaving a baby they are weeping. I can only imagine having to leave a child b/c you were not able to take care of them.

1 comment:

  1. wow, I had no idea. I had heard of babies being left out like that in "the boonies" but was surprised to see it happens right there in cities. I can't imagine what that is like. Poor guy. he is so adorable. I assume they breastfeed there and with the cleft... that was impossible??

    ReplyDelete